- Take an extra bag of clothing – or even an extra item of clothing – out with you on our next trip to Nepal?
- Ask the airline you’re travelling with for excess luggage?
The most needed items of trekking gear are:
- Sunglasses (Minimum Category 3 – See SUNGLASSES for more information)
- Waterproof / breathable jackets eg Gore-Tex
- Trekking boots – these MUST BE CLEAN AND SUPPLIED WITH LACES
- Good quality trekking socks
Please note that we are unable to accept fleece items, under-garments, thermals or T-Shirts
Many, many individuals and companies have been extremely generous in giving clothes and boots. Transporting these items to Nepal is still the big problem. We can always arrange for gear and donations of money to be picked up from your hotel or you can drop it off at one of the Porters’ Progress supported Clothing Banks in Kathmandu or Lukla See Clothing Banks.
Remember Nepalese porters are generally much smaller people than Westerners. Jackets in the 36 to 44 size range are best (S and M), pants with waist sizes 26 to 34, and boots of maximum size 9 and smaller (size range of men’s 6 1/2 to 8 are probably most common).
CONTACT US for more information on how to donate your old kit to us here in the UK.